Nevertheless, since I'm currently working on producing a list of Artists' Film DVDs available in WSA Library using data taken from their Marc records, I decided to use this list to produce a word cloud and see which words (not just subject headings !!) are used most frequently.
This is the result:
I think we can conclude from this that Andy Warhol and Takahiko Iimura are the best represented artists in our collection. The words 'Video', 'Artists' and 'Filmmakers' also stand out, but that of course is not really surprising since we are dealing here with films made by artists. I thought I had taken out the-not-so interesting words as 'Exploring', 'Includes', 'Works', 'The' and 'Min', but after saving the word cloud I noticed they were still in there. I shall have to do a little more experimenting with this fun little toy!

This is great Liesbeth - I think it is a really effective way of discovering which artists have the biggest presence in the collection. I too have tried to remove the less interesting words but haven't had much luck so far....
ReplyDelete