Cat behind books, a photo by Igagrijs on Flickr.
For someone who has often started, but never managed to fill up more than the first few pages of a photo album, Flickr is a fantastic way to organise and share photo's. So much fun to search through the huge amount of interesting (and not so interesting) images of others! A place where you can get lost in images, all indexed/tagged by users themselves. That's what I call democratic indexing! No rules, no regulations, just describe your image any which way you like, either to make it accessible to others or just for yourself.
I've uploaded several images to Flickr which was easy and straightforward. I organised some of them in sets, added 23ThingsSoton as a contact and submitted some photo's to the competition, including the above picture of my little cat. For many, books are a great get-away from the daily hassle of life. For my cat, who obviously can't read, the books in my bookcase serve as a (rather uncomfortably small) safe haven away from noisy children, vacuum cleaners, and threats of a few hugs too many.

Great picture - hope you've entered this into the Flickr competition
ReplyDelete