Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Thing 17: Creative commons

Don't park your bike outside the designated area by lambertwm
Don't park your bike outside the designated area, a photo by lambertwm on Flickr.

The above photo is taken from Flickr, using the 'Search only within Creative Commons licenced content' mode. Attribute requirements: credit original author, no permission to re-use the work for commercial purposes and use it whole and unedited. So that's what I've done!  It's a bit of a minefield and I can only hope I have complied with all copyright  rules and regulations by adding links to the original work and author.

The image below I found and downloaded from Wikimedia Commons and inserted it into my blog by copying/pasting its HTML code. Here I also added links to the original author and title.

Flickr - NewsPhoto! - I'ts winter in Amsterdam
It's winter in Amsterdam, a photo by Jos van Zetten on Wikimedia Commons

Overall, the Creative Commons website gave me some helpful insights into licencing and copyrigh of images. I have not had time yet to view the recommended Youbube video but will do as soon as I've finished all my other 'Things'.

No comments:

Post a Comment