Monday, 22 April 2013

Thing 21: Google drive

After a 2 week Easter break, finally the last thing to reflect on!! Before the Easter break I had already made an effort to log on to Google drive, to upload a document and share it with a colleague. Unfortunately she was not able to edit anything at all. Only after I converted the initial Word document to a Google doc. last week, editing became possible. I shared the converted document again and this time it was possible to make changes. 

From my experiences so far, Google drive seems to be a useful and (once you master a few additional tricks) easy way to collaborate on a piece of work. Especially the' Revision history' option is useful to identify addition and changes made to the document by different people to different versions. It clearly shows who made the changes and what those changes are. I also liked the option to restore previous versions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment